Coronavirus Safety Advice
SAFETY ADVICE & CORONAVIRUS
The spread of Coronavirus (Covid-19) has captured news headlines worldwide and we know that it is very much on the minds of our event attendees, regardless of the city we are hosting an event in which is why we have outlined our Coronavirus Response.
Our priority is, and will always be, to ensure the safety and well being of our clients and staff. We will continue to provide our normal medical support team, which is standard for all our events and we understand you may be concerned, but we are here to offer as much help and advice as we can to ensure that your event can run smoothly and safely.
The Business Fives Approach
We closely monitor and follow Government travel advice via the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO). Our decision-making for event travel will directly reflect the FCO Advisory Levels, and any change in UK Government advice will also change our approach to advice for event attendees.
We also closely monitor the World Health Organization (WHO) for information on Coronavirus itself, the global situation and tips for prevention.
We are advising that with immediate effect nobody shakes hands and that when you come off the pitch the first thing you should do when entering the changing rooms is wash your hands for 20 seconds with soap and water.
We ask you to take the following precautions:
o Please do not come to our events if you are unwell
o Keep your hands clean, wash regularly and thoroughly, for at least 20 seconds with soap and water
o Always carry tissues with you and use them to catch all coughs and sneezes and then bin the tissue – then wash your hands with soap and water, or use a sanitiser.
We ask anyone who is concerned that they may have encountered the virus to follow the Government advice, and self-isolate in the first instance.
Lastly, we are in regular contact with our venue partners on the ground who can provide local insight and relevant details pertaining to Business Fives Events.
Please see our Resources section below for links to additional relevant information and useful websites.
Please contact our team if you have any questions or need any further advice.
How does this affect my Event?
The FCO has 3 levels of travel advisory warning. They are:
- No travel restrictions
- Advise against all but essential travel (to a specific region or country)
- Advise against all travel (to a specific region or country)
What if the FCO has no travel restrictions in place for the city my event is in?
We will continue to operate events in that city in line with UK Government advice. If you have an upcoming event in one of these cities or regions and want to know what alternative arrangements can be made for you, then you have the following options:
- If your event is more than 6 weeks away, we recommend that you wait until closer to your event dates to allow for more information to present itself. The situation is ever changing, and it is impossible to predict the status for your dates. However, if you do wish to look at changing your plans, you have the following options:
a) If you would like to change your event: contact us to find out what changes are possible for your event. No cancellation fees will be applied.
b) While we normally treat a change of event as a cancellation of services, we understand that you may wish to change your event within the same year. Please contact our team to discuss the possibility of changing events or delaying your event participation. No cancellation fees will be applied.
c) You can choose to cancel your event; our standard booking conditions will still apply. Please contact our team to discuss the costs for an event cancellation.
- If your event is within the next 6 weeks and you wish to change your plans, our usual cancellation terms apply. Please contact our team to discuss the costs and timing for an event cancellation.
What happens if the FCO advises against ‘all but essential travel’ or against ‘all travel’?
Business Fives Coronavirus Response will comply with the advice from the FCO and will not operate in regions where the government advice is against travelling.
- If your event is more than 6 weeks away, please continue to check FCO advice and call our office if you have any questions. If you do wish to change, postpone or cancel your event more than 6 weeks prior, then the following options are open to you:
a) If you would like to change your event: contact our team to find out what changes are possible for your event. No cancellation fees will be applied.
b) While we normally treat a change of event as a cancellation of services, we understand that you may wish to change your event or postpone until next year. Please contact our team to discuss the possibility of delaying your trip until 2021. No cancellation fees will be applied.
c) Cancellation: you are able to cancel your event; and our standard booking conditions will still apply. Please contact our team to discuss the costs and timing for an event cancellation.
- If your event start date is between 42 days and 2 weeks we will contact you to discuss alternate event plans. No service charge will be applied. Options include:
a) Postponing your event involvement to later in 2020 or 2021
b) Changing to another event (subject to availability)
c) Cancelling your event, however, our usual cancellation terms will apply.
- If your event start date is within 2 weeks we will contact you to discuss alternate event plans. No service charge will be applied. Options include:
a) Postponing your event date to later in 2020 or 2021
b) Changing to another event (subject to availability)
c) Offering an event credit