Business Esports Tournament Rules
This page contains the Business Esports Tournament Rules for general and player behaviour within our tournaments. For specific Call of Duty rules click HERE and for our FIFA Rules click HERE. The main thing to remember is to play with respect for your opponent and fellow players. These rules will be reviewed periodically and feedback or amendments will be considered when sent in writing. Every player has to be aware of the behaviour guidelines and online tournament rules.
- Match schedules will be posted on the Business Esports webpages before a tournament starts.
- The Business Esports team will work under the assumption that each participant is aware of all the specific rules and checks them regularly although significant rule changes will be communicated. A lack of knowledge of the rules will not be used as an excuse for rule-breaking.
- Players who take part are required to play with the Gamer ID (PSN/XBOX Account) of Activision ID they have specified. In the event another account is going to be used, submit this to the Business Esports team at the earliest opportunity.
- Every participant is required to be online in the chat of the tournament they are participating in. Every player is responsible for his own connection and has to have a good internet connection to avoid possible ‘lag’.
- Players found breaking the rules will be penalised. The exact punishment will be decided by Business Esports.
- Players found to be complaining about losing a game or found to be playing out with the spirit of the game will be named and shamed as sore losers.
- If there are suspicions that your opponent is not playing by the rules or serious lag occurs for a long time, report this to the Business Esports team as soon as possible, before your opponent has taken benefit of the problem i.e. The beginning of the game.
- Should your company be interested in sponsoring the tournament please contact us to discuss
- All Business Esports participants must treat each other and the organisation with respect.
- When a participant has displayed hurtful, offensive or racist expressions towards his/her opponent, they may be immediately disqualified and disciplinary measures will be taken.
- Bad language and/or threats against the Business Esports Admin results in an instant disqualification.
- In cases of fraudulent activity or players caught cheating, a participant will be disqualified immediately and disciplinary measures will be taken.
- All participants are treated the same way by the Business Esports. When found breaking the rules, it will be at the discretion of Business Esports as to the punishment and will be delivered consistently and fairly to all players whilst be dealt with on a case by case basis.
Business Esports Staff
- If you have any questions and/or problems, you can contact a member of the Business Esports team.
- The participants need to treat the Business Esports crew respectfully.
- The Business Esports crew need to treat the participants respectfully.
- The Business Esports Admin eventually has the right to make decisions when exceptional situations occur