FIFA Tournament Rules – Business Esports
This page contains the FIFA Tournament Rules about the gameplay and player behaviour within our FIFA tournaments. The main thing to remember is to play with respect for your opponent and fellow players. We have tried to include rules for all situations that might arise but sometimes assistance might be needed and if this is the case, send a message to a member of the Business Esports team. The FIFA Tournament Rules will be reviewed periodically and feedback or amendments will be considered when sent in writing. Every player has to be aware of the behaviour guidelines and online tournament rules.
- Fixtures will be posted on the Business Esports webpage before the tournament starts.
- The Business Esports team will work under the assumption that each participant is aware of all the rules and checks them regularly although significant rule changes will be communicated. A lack of knowledge of the rules will not be used as an excuse for rule-breaking.
- Players who take part are required to play with the Gamer ID (PSN/XBOX Account) they have specified. In the event another account is going to be used, submit this to the Business Esports team at the earliest opportunity.
- Every participant is required to be online in the chat of the tournament they are participating in. Every player is responsible for his own connection and has to have a good internet connection to avoid possible ‘lag’.
- Players found breaking the rules will be penalised. The exact punishment will be decided by Business Esports. Examples of punishments are a 3-0 loss, replay, penalty points, leaving the tournament early, a temporary ban or a permanent ban.
- Players found to be complaining about losing a game or found to be playing out with the spirit of the game will be named and shamed as sore losers.
- If there are suspicions that your opponent is not playing by the rules or serious lag occurs for a long time, report this to the Business Esports team as soon as possible, before your opponent has taken benefit of the problem i.e. The beginning of the game.
- Squads can consist of between 4-8 players and subsitutes should be named in advance of the tournament.
- Should your company be interested in sponsoring the tournament please contact us to discuss
FIFA Tournament Rules Guidelines
- All participants must check-in 10 minutes before play starts. This should be done via the Business Esports Discord server tournament lobby. Players who do not check-in within a minimum of 5 minutes cannot be guaranteed a fixture.
- The fixture schedule will be communicated to players in advance of kick-off.
- The player who plays ‘home’ is responsible for starting a match.
- Both opponents are responsible for contacting each other and playing the game.
- Both players are required to take at least one photo of the score each. This photo should contain: the score and the gamertags.
- If both players are ready, play can start before the scheduled time however additional in-play breaks will not be permitted in-game.
- When your next fixture is available in the schedule, you have to start directly. If the fixture doesn’t start in 15 minutes, the player who doesn’t show up in time will be disqualified.
- Each player has to register with Business Esports in order to participate, this can be coordinated by a team captain. Companies will be allowed to substitute players but these must be communicated in advance of kick-off.
- When an online tournament is organised for teams, only the main player needs to register for the tournament but they then assume captaincy and responsibility for the rest of their team. The exact number of fixtures and tournament format will be dictated by the number of teams entering and will be communicated to all teams in advance. The organiser reserves the right to add or remove players throughout the tournament.
Specific FIFA game settings
- Settings: Standard settings
- Match duration: 12 minutes (6 minutes per half)
- Game speed: Normal
- Level: Legendary
FIFA Tournament Rules Gameplay
- All matches should be played via a ´Friendly Match´
- Players are allowed to play with club and country teams but games should only be club v club or country v country.
- The Home player choses whether to play with club or country teams.
- Only tactical defence is permitted i.e. defending should always be fully manual, same as attacking.
- The team captain has to check in with Business Esports.
- Standard formations only. It´s forbidden to use custom formations i.e. don’t use the square button to change the position of players Further to this when your opponent has a custom formation, take a picture and send it in to Business Esports. Your opponent gets a warning, and you will play a rematch. When a player violates with a custom formation for the second time, he/she will be disqualified.
- When the EA servers are going down during a match, and all the participants of the tournament are getting kicked out of the match, the specific match of that round will be played again.
- When 2 players can´t connect in a private match, they won´t receive any game points. If there is a possibility, the players can try to play the match after the group stage. The Business Esports team will make every effort to ensure there is time enough for the replay.
- When the connection is lost, the match will be resumed at the remaining time and the current score. Should a player refuse to complete the fixture then 3 goals will be added to the current total of the opposition player i.e. if the player disconnects at 5-0 down and refuses to complete the match then an 8-0 victory will be awarded. Should an individual disconnect on purpose mid-game on more than one occasion he or she may be disqualified from future fixtures.
- During the round robin stages each team will be awarded with 3 points for an aggregate scoreline victory, one point for a draw and no points for a defeat. There will be bonus points available in the group stages, with aggregate victories of 30+ goals receiving a bonus point and defeats within a margin of 10 goals receiving a bonus point.
- Round robin group positions will be decided by points, then goal difference, then goals scored, then goals against, then the head to head result against that team in the group. In the unlikely event that teams are still equal when all this is taken into account, then progression to the knockout stages shall be settled with a one-off fixture between 2 nominated players.
- For the knock out rounds penalties will decide any games that end in a draw after Extra Time.
- It is allowed to change your team during the tournament but not during fixtures
- All matches have to be played with the online squads.
- If a fixture in a match is unfulfilled the aggregate score of the fixtures that have been played will decide the match score if the fixture cannot be rescheduled.
- if a player does not show up for his or her fixture a 3-0 walkover will be awarded to the opposing player.
Scores should be recorded in the following manner:
- At least one of the players must notify Business Esports of the score after finishing the game.
- Players are encouraged to take a picture of the result. This photo should contain: the score and the gamertags.
- Players need to report the scores within ten minutes after the end of the match.
- Players disputing a match score must have a picture to evidence their claims.
- When both players report no score or when needed proof of the score, both players may be disqualified.
- When the score of the players does not match there will be an investigation. Once the investigation has been completed the decision about what score is awarded ultimately rests with the Business Esports. We take conflict seriously and want to provide the best experience for all of our players.
- If someone deliberately passes the wrong score, the player in question may immediately get excluded from all Business Esports.
- When only one of the two participants reports the score (or when proof of the score is necessary), that player will be designated as the winner of the contest.
- When there is no Business Esports admin present at a match conflict in one of the mini-cups, the solution to the conflict between two participants will be postponed until another admin will be online.
- All Business Esports participants must treat each other and the organisation with respect.
- When a participant has displayed hurtful, offensive or racist expressions towards his/her opponent, they may be immediately disqualified and disciplinary measures will be taken.
- Bad language and/or threats against the Business Esports Admin results in an instant disqualification.
- In cases of fraudulent activity or players caught cheating, a participant will be disqualified immediately and disciplinary measures will be taken.
- All participants are treated the same way by the Business Esports. When found breaking the rules, it will be at the discretion of Business Esports as to the punishment and will be delivered consistently and fairly to all players whilst be dealt with on a case by case basis.
- Should a player purposefully disconnect during a game on more than one ocassion disciplinary measures will be taken.
Business Esports Staff
- If you have any questions and/or problems, you can contact a member of the Business Esports team.
- The participants need to treat the Business Esports crew respectfully.
- The Business Esports crew need to treat the participants respectfully.
- The Business Esports Admin eventually has the right to make decisions when exceptional situations occur