Valorant Tournament Rules
This page contains the Valorant Tournament Rules for the gameplay and behaviour within our tournaments. The main thing to remember is to play with respect for your opponent and fellow players. We have tried to include rules for all situations that might arise but sometimes assistance might be needed and if this is the case, send a message to a member of the Business Esports team. The Valorant Tournament Rules will be reviewed periodically and feedback or amendments will be considered when sent in writing. Every player has to be aware of the behaviour guidelines and online tournament rules.
- Tournament schedules will be posted on the Business Esports site before the tournament starts.
- The Business Esports team will work under the assumption that each participant is aware of all the rules and checks them regularly although significant rule changes will be communicated. A lack of knowledge of the rules will not be used as an excuse for rule-breaking.
- Players who take part are required to play with the Riot ID they have specified. In the event another account is going to be used, submit this to the Business Esports team at the earliest opportunity along with an explanation for the switch.
- Every participant is required to be online in the Discord chat of the tournament they are participating in. Players are responsible for his or her own internet connection and ensuring they have the most up to date gamer version installed.
- Players found breaking the rules will be penalised. The exact punishment will be decided by Business Esports. Examples of punishments are replay, penalty points, exiting the tournament early, a temporary or a permanent ban.
- Players found to be complaining about losing a match or found to be playing out with the spirit of the game will be named and shamed as sore losers and their team may be subject to further penalties.
- If there are suspicions that your opponent is not playing by the rules or serious lag occurs for a long time, report this to the Business Esports team as soon as possible, before your opponent has taken benefit of the problem.
- Should your company be interested in sponsoring the tournament please contact us to discuss.
- All participants must check-in 10 minutes before play starts. This should be done via the Business Esports Discord server tournament lobby (link to join here https://discord.gg/wN2CnuZvZJ). Players who do not check-in within a minimum of 5 minutes cannot be guaranteed a match.
- The match schedule will be communicated to players in advance.
- The team who plays ‘home’ is responsible for starting a match.
- Both team captains are responsible for contacting each other and playing the game.
- Both team captains are required to take at least one photo of the score each. This photo should contain: the scoreboard and the usernames.
- If both teams are ready, play can start before the scheduled time however additional in-play breaks will not be permitted in-game.
- When your next round is available in the schedule, you have to start directly. If the round doesn’t start in 15 minutes, the team that doesn’t show up in time will lose that round.
- Each team has to register with Business Esports in order to participate, this can be coordinated by a team captain. Companies will be allowed to substitute players but these must be communicated in advance of kick-off.
- When an online tournament is organised for teams, only the main player needs to register for the tournament but they then assume captaincy and responsibility for the rest of their team. The exact number of matches and tournament format will be dictated by the number of teams entering and will be communicated to all teams in advance. The organiser reserves the right to add or remove players or teams throughout the tournament in accordance with the Valorant Tournament Rules.
All players must have a valid Valorant account in the EUW region.
Hosting: Business Esports will provide a host who will add in all team captains into the lobby. Team captains are then required to add in their team.
Lobby Setup: Competition Method: 5 vs 5 Custom Game on the EUW Server
- London server should be selected.
- 2 tactical timeouts per a team.
Settings must be as follows:
- Mode: Tournament
- Cheats: Off
- Overtime: Win by 2
The team that is the home team decides whether they want to choose the map or choose attacker/defender roles. The away team chooses the other. The home team will be the team that has the ‘designated host’ assigned to them.
The team that was decided to choose map bans 1 map. The other team bans 1 map. The choosing team selects from the remaining maps which will be played.
The maps are as follows: Bind, Haven, Split, Ascent, Icebox and Breeze.
The team that did not choose the map will decide which team attacks and defends first.
General Gameplay Rules:
All agents and weapons are allowed to be used.
Each team needs 5 members to play.
The game ends once a team wins 13 rounds. In the event of a 12:12 tie, overtime will be enabled. In this case, the game will continue until one team has a 2 round lead over the other.
Scores should be recorded in the following manner:
- All team captains must notify Business Esports of the score after finishing the game.
- All players are encouraged to take a picture of the result. This photo should contain: the scoreboard and the usernames.
- Team Captains need to report the scores within ten minutes after the end of the match.
- Players disputing a match score must have a picture to evidence their claims.
- When the score of the teams does not match there will be an investigation. Once the investigation has been completed the decision about what score is awarded ultimately rests with the Business Esports. We take conflict seriously and want to provide the best experience for all of our players.
- If someone deliberately passes the wrong score, the player or team in question may immediately get excluded from all Business Esports.
- When there is no Business Esports admin present at a match conflict, the solution to the conflict between two participants will be postponed until another admin will be online.
- All Business Esports participants must treat each other and the organisation with respect.
- When a participant has displayed hurtful, offensive or racist expressions towards his/her opponent, they may be immediately disqualified and disciplinary measures will be taken.
- Bad language and/or threats against the Business Esports Admin results in an instant disqualification.
- In cases of fraudulent activity or players caught cheating, a participant will be disqualified immediately and disciplinary measures will be taken.
- All participants are treated the same way by the Business Esports. When found breaking the rules, it will be at the discretion of Business Esports as to the punishment and will be delivered consistently and fairly to all players whilst be dealt with on a case by case basis.
- Should a player purposefully disconnect during a game on more than one occasion disciplinary measures will be taken.
- The use of the following programs is considered cheating:
- These are only examples, other programs or methods may be considered cheats as well.
- If you have any questions and/or problems about the Valorant Tournament Rules, you can contact a member of the Business Esports team.The participants need to treat the Business Esports crew respectfully.
- The Business Esports crew need to treat the participants respectfully.
- The Business Esports Admin eventually has the right to make decisions when exceptional situations occur